Risk Management Part One
Plan Risk Management and Identify Risks
Master the first two of the six Project Risk Management processes as defined in the PMBOK® Guide by following the four levels of learning – Awareness, Knowledge, Skills and Mastery on a project at work or at home.
- Credit – 15 Cheetah Spots/Education Credits
- Tuition – $900 USD
- Start Date – The risk management courses are available online and you can start the course as soon as we receive full payment.
- Duration – 15 hours – You can complete this course in less than a week (15 hours). However, we recognize that you may be juggling a career and family so we give you up to six weeks from the date you register to complete all the course activities. If you need an extension to finish this course, you can purchase an additional week for 1/4 the list price of the course.
- Course Location – Online
- Access – Instructions provided once payment is received and processed.
- Course Material – In order to complete the course activities, you will need the three texts listed below. If you do not own copies of these texts, we have included a link to Amazon.com where you can purchase them or you can check your local bookstores. All other material you will need to do the activities are provided online.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) by The Project Management Institute.
- The Logic of Failure: Recognizing and Avoiding Error in Complex Situations by Dietrich Dorner, Rita Kimber, and Robert Kimber
- How We Know What Isn’t So: The Fallibility of Human Reason in Everyday Life by Thomas Gilovich
You can do the course at your own pace and have access to your online coach and the course content for six weeks. In order to receive credit for the course, you must purchase the required course texts above, complete all the activities including a Learning Journal, pass the exam at the end of the course by scoring at least 70%, and record the actual date and the amount of time you took to do each activity in your learning schedule.
This course consists of six modules where you will learn, apply and master the first two of the six Project Risk Management Processes as defined in the PMBOK® Guide. In the Plan Risk Management module you gain an overall understanding of how to plan risk management, develop a template for plan risk management that you can use for future projects, and create an open culture for exploring threats and opportunities with your project teams. In the Identify Risks module you gain an overall understanding of how to identify risks, become more familiar with how others perceive risks, and develop a process for identify risks that you can use for future projects. Register for risk management courses online today.