Virtual Project Teams
If any members of your project team works anywhere other then next to you in the same office, you are a member of a virtual team. While virtual work allows you to literally work with anyone, anywhere, it also relies more on relationships and alliances forged by an electronic handshake. Often times you will not ever even meet the people with whom you are working. Improving how you relate across generations, and cultures can improve Individual team member relationships, communication and workplace community. Developing strong skills for working together as a virtual team is critical for successful project outcomes. In this course, you will learn and apply tools and techniques to develop a high-functioning virtual project team where team members of different generations and cultures find a sense of connection to the work and the team.
Credit – 20 Cheetah Spots/Education Credits
Tuition – $1,200 USD
Start Date – The course is available online and you can start the course as soon as we receive full payment.
Duration – 20 hours – You can complete this course in less than a week (20 hours). However, we recognize that you may be juggling a career and family as well so we give you up to four weeks from the date you register to complete all the course activities.
Course Location – Online
Access – Instructions provided when you register.
This course consists of four modules where you will learn and apply tools and techniques to develop high-functioning, virtual project teams where team members find a sense of connection to work and the team.
Topics covered include:
- Virtual team membership
- Setting the stage for virtual teams
- Managing virtual communications
- Driving the “CAR” – commitment, accountability, and responsibility
Our Learning Objectives are for you to:
- Uncover your personality type, preferred communication style, and most effective learning style, as well as those of others on your team, by completing a Personality Type Indicator assessment.
- Create a virtual project team member checklist with the competencies and qualities for virtual team membership within your company.
- Set a plan for ongoing virtual team skill development.
- Define the team’s purpose, objectives, and goals.
- Establish rules for how you’ll work together as a team and meeting protocols.
- Identify which communication tools you will use and when you will use them.
- Create your virtual project team’s communication plan.
- Develop commitment, accountability, and responsibility among team members.
- Check the “FUEL” level of your project team using a checklist.
- Create a team charter.