What is your Big “BUT”
Michelle LaBrosse, CCPM, PMP, PMI-ACP, RYT
There was a great line in this crazy movie by Pee Wee Hermin back in the late 80’s. He said – “Everyone has a big but(t).” Meaning we are all held back by something we feel if it were different, our life would be different. My big “but” used to be time. I never felt like I had enough time to get everything I needed and wanted to get done. This is probably why I learned how to do everything Cheetah Fast.
This morning I hosted a live Facebook event to address some of the other big “but’s” I have had and have heard other’s have had as well to what is holding us back in life.
What is getting in the way of creating the life of your dreams? I went over this mind map to the left that showed my journey from being an Aerospace Engineer to starting, growing and running Cheetah Learning. And all the big “buts” I had to get over to make it happen.
Take a look at this list of questions to discover your big “but.”
- I am not doing enough with my career because _________________?
- I am not making a big enough difference because ________________?
- I am not fully leveraging my genius because ____________________?
- I am not compensated well enough for my true talents because ____________________?
- I don’t have enough time to do what it is I want to do in life because _________________?
- I am not valued or appreciated for what I could really contribute because ________________?
- I am bored, exhausted and my energy is drained. I don’t want to get up in the morning because ______________?
Now find out just why you’d like to be doing something different rather than being derailed by your big “but.”
I feel like I want to be doing more with my life because __________________?
You can create a much more empowered life for yourself – at any age by becoming a Cheetah Certified Project Manager. Here is what one of our students had to say about the program:
“The overall methodology was clear, organized, and simple to implement. I was amazed that course went far beyond project management. There were some beneficial life lessons embedded in the course as well. I would recommend the course to anyone who needs a fresh approach to life in general.” – L. G.